Boutique CPA firm in San Francisco seeking Certified Public Accountant with the following qualifications:
· A minimum of 10 years experience in public accounting serving small and mid-size clients
· Has their CPA license with ability to prepare attest reports
· Proficient in Lacerte covering Individual, Corporation, Trust,
Partnership and other State returns
· Accounting expertise in utilizing Creative Solutions , Quickbooks and Excel
· Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Has well developed consulting and business development skills
read more >
Finance | San Francisco, CA, United States
LUZ, Inc. is a dynamic, fast-growing global translation service provider to Fortune 500 life science companies.
We set the highest standards, challenge ourselves, and reward great work. LUZ is known as a leading quality and innovative service provider within the industry.
LUZ is an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, Paid Time Off and much more.
LUZ is looking for a Corporate Controller who will be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco. This position will report to our CEO, and will direct all corporate accounting functions, including general accounting, job costing, property and fixed assets, domestic and foreign accounts payable and receivable. In addition, our Corporate Controller will contribute to LUZ’s financial planning and overall strategic vision.
- Day to day leadership of the company’s global accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyses and reports variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Support month-end and year-end close process, and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Create tax efficient international corporate structures and business practices including setting up new international entities
- Act as a business partner across the entire organization ensuring the accurate and timely collection and distribution of all mission-critical reporting.
- Serve as the company’s expert for accounting matters, partnering with other departments (Operations, Sales, IT, and HR) on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications
- Document and improve company business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal accounting controls.
- Provide weekly financial & accounting snapshot and summary of critical information to CEO.
- Degree in Accounting and an active CPA license (A license).
- Minimum 8+ years of overall accounting and finance experience in both company controller experience and start-up/private company environments, with emphasis in service industries.
- Knowledge of consolidations, GAAP, foreign currency, and international corporate accounting and reporting.
- Experience with accounts receivable/collections, accounts payable, payroll, income taxes, sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, cash management, and basic insurance policies.
- Experience with general ledger function and the month end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses, balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement review, fluctuation analyses, etc.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy.
- Strong supervisory/management experience with proven ability to grow and mentor a high performing team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior management, as well as nurture and grow direct reports.
- Experience in managing international accounting operations, developing tax efficient international structures and ensuring compliance with all necessary laws is a requirement.
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong change management skills. Proven track record of driving organizational change and improving functions.
- Ability to lead the automation of accounting functions as the company grows.
- Strong FP&A background.
- Outstanding planning, research, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong sense of business ethics, integrity and discretion.
Please e-mail résumés with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating "Controller– 0513/S21E" in the subject line.
Or send/fax résumés and cover letters to (no calls please):
Attn.: Recruitment Coordinator
221 Main Street, Suite 1300
San Francisco, CA 94105
read more >