The Accounting Manager (AM) will guide and direct the accounting function in a proactive manner in all facets of our fast growing business, including monthly and annual financial close, monthly reporting, billing and accounts payable. This position will be responsible for maintaining financial statements that are in compliance with General Accepted Accounting practices, work with external / third party auditors and supervise and develop the accounting staff. The AM reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
· Ensure an accurate and timely month-end (5 business days after each month-end) and year-end close (25 days after year-end).
· Work with Controller to manage the budgeting and forecasting of various business units including the development of standard costs, working with department head to analyze variances and identifying business risks and opportunities.
· Ability to identify and implement solutions (new technology and business procedures) to improve productivity across the enterprise in collaboration with multiple departments.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
· Maintain an effective level of internal controls throughout the California Natural Products operations.
· Clear understanding of revenue recognition methodologies, cost accounting and allocation processes.
· Assist Controller in daily banking requirements and cash forecasting.
· Ensure the accurate and timely process of billing and payable transactions.
· Maintains fixed asset records.
· Completes ad-hoc analysis as needed.
· Responds to inquiries from Vice President of Finance, SBU General Mangers, as well as from others on the senior management team regarding financial results, reporting and other questions.
· Work with the CFO and Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit and 401k audit.
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year. Monitor and advise on the progress to enhance profession development of staff.
· Provide for the training and development of new and existing staff.
· Handle personnel issues regarding staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, development opportunities, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. (Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts) from a four-year college in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- 5 – 7 years relevant accounting/financial experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Skills in revenue recognition, cost accounting and financial reporting
- Skills in cash management
- Knowledge of QAD (MFG/PRO) software a plus
- C.P.A. (Certified Pubic Accountant) or C.M.A. (Certified Management Accountant) strongly desired
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate complex accounting and financial topics to non-financial managers
- Experience working in an ERP environment.
- Experience with COGNOS or similar business analytical software
- Solid computer and data management skills, including MS Excel, MS Access and MS
Salary Range is from $80,000 to $95,000
read more >