Emerging Leaders Certificate Program
Now Only $100
The CalCPA Emerging Leaders Certificate Program provides a forum to develop critical leadership skills with a network of your peers, while also gaining exposure to local leaders in the profession.
The program starts with a full-day conference focused on broad areas of leadership development and is followed by four 2-hour chapter-based workshops, each with a specific focus designed to develop you—the emerging leader.
Check out the tweets from our 2013 program launch July 25-26. And you can follow all the action at #calcpa_el.
You can also read the tweets from our 2012 program launch.
Thursday, July 25: Northern CA full-day conference
Friday, July 26: Southern CA full-day conference
Wednesday, Aug. 7; Aug. 21; Sept. 18 and Oct. 30: Chapter-based follow up sessions
Full Day Conference—Leadership and Networking!
- Positive Executive Presence: The Theory of Well-Being (Gretchen Pisano—Keynote)
- Strength Based Leadership (Gretchen Pisano and group activity)
- How to Think Like a Leader (Panel discussion)
- Networking: Connecting With Your Profession (Amber P. Setter—Group activity)
- Establishing an Ethical Culture (Meredith Johnson)
- Values in Action (Gretchen Pisano and group activity)
- How to Keep the Momentum Going (Chapter Leaders)
Chapter-based Workshops—Digging Deeper
During each session participants delved into pertinent leadership development areas needed to accelerate and elevate your career. Through open honest and collaborative communication, a CalCPA member mentor guided discussion and provided insight and tips. Plus, with workshop sizes ranging from 10 to 20 CalCPA members, you have the unique opportunity to share and discuss experiences in an intimate and trusting setting.
Great Expectations—Motivating and Managing Teams with Phil Sharp
Speak Up—Public Speaking with Carol Isozaki
Boardroom, Conference Room or Chat Room—Negotiation in Any Room with John Prokey
Perfecting Your Professional Profile—Speed Mentoring with Chapter Leaders
Register now or email Jill Gorman with questions.