Ebook Education: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Downloading,
Where do I download my ebook?
Go to “My Events” www.calcpa.org/myevents—you will be required to login to access the document by using your calcpa.org login credentials.
When can I download my ebook?
Three business days prior to your course or conference. Please be sure to download and save to your desktop or iPad app prior to arriving at the course location.
How do I download my ebook?
Click "ebook" or "handout" associated with your course or conference at www.calcpa.org/myevents. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher to access.
Will I be able to plug in my laptop at my course or conference?
Is there internet access at the course site?
No. We urge you to download your materials and save to your desktop or iPad app prior to arriving at the course location.
How are ebooks formatted?
Materials are provided in a secure PDF electronic format.
How do I annotate/comment on ebooks?
- View this tutorial to learn how to download, navigate and annotate.
- From your PC you can access the commenting tool bar by clicking on:
Tools > Customize Toolbars > Comment & Markup Toolbar > OK
- From your MAC you can access the commenting tool bar by clicking on:
Tools > Comment & Markup > Show Comment & Markup Toolbar
- The Commenting Toolbar offers three options for annotating your materials**:
- Note Tool: To add notes to the document
click the yellow Note Tool and then click on the location where you
would like to leave a note. The Note Tool dialog box will appear and you
will be able to enter your comments.
- Highlight Text: This tool allows you to highlight text and perform functions such as Cross-Out and Underline text.
- Show: This tool provides a variety of
options for displaying and viewing the comments in the document. Click
on Show > Show Comments List to display comments.
- Be sure to SAVE your program materials when your commenting is complete.
- **Note: If materials provided have been scanned, highlighting/commenting will not be accessible
Why can’t I annotate my ebook?
For some courses, a portion—or all—of an ebook must be scanned (as opposed to converted from the original file). If this is the case, only sticky notes will be accessible. A notation will be placed on the cover stating that some, or all, of the ebook cannot be annotated.
May I share my ebook with others?
No, all Education Foundation materials are protected by U.S. Copyright Law.
How long are ebooks stored under My Events?
Two years after the event.
May I purchase a hardcopy of event materials?
For nonwebcast registrants, hardcopy event materials may be ordered for $25 up to five business days in advance of the event. No books will be for sale at the event site.
Are hardcopy books included in my VP membership?
- Your VP membership includes the default book format for your selected event (usually ebooks).
- To receive a hardcopy book for a class with a default book format of ebook, you will need to pay the $25 fee.
If I purchase a hardcopy, will I still receive an ebook?
Yes. ebook is included in your event registration fee for all paperless events. You will not receive the email/phone reminders prior to the event, but you will have access to your ebook at www.calcpa.org/myevents for two years.
How will I know which events feature ebooks?
- All courses and conferences are offered as ebook unless otherwise noted in the 2012–13 CPE catalog.
- Online event listings identify events as having ebooks.
- While registering online, you will be required to choose to accept the ebook or pay an additional $25 for a hard copy book.
Once I’m onsite, how do I download my ebook if I haven’t done so already?
- On-site administrators will have USB drives with the materials available for download.
- Note the USB drive is the property of the Foundation and should be returned to the on-site administrator.
- Materials may be downloaded onsite by going to www.calcpa.org/myevents if wifi is available.
- We urge you to download and save your materials to your laptop or iPad app prior to arriving at the course location.
Is the customer expected to print the PDF files after they’re downloaded?
No—We encourage customers to use materials electronically, and annotate.
Whether registering online or via customer service, the following communications are sent to registrants:
- Registration confirmation states that materials will be accessible in ebook format three business days prior to course/conference date.
- Five days prior to the event, an email reminder is sent providing all necessary information as well as ebook download instructions.
Learn how to download, navigate and annotate your ebook
Your ebook can be viewed and annotated
using the following:
- Adobe Acrobat version 7.0 or higher
- Nitro (free PDF software)
- FoxIT (free PDF software)
- iPad (users must purchase iAnnotate or other annotate apps to use with their ebook)
- Kindle Fire (users must purchase an app such as ezPDF or other annotate app in order to access bookmarks and annotation)
Your ebook can be viewed
- iPad (if iAnnotate is not purchased)