$114,103 - $138,693 plus excellent management benefits
Closing Date: Friday June 7, 2013
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (District) is a regional government agency, committed to achieving clean air to protect the public's health and the environment. The District accomplishes this goal through regulation of industrial facilities and various outreach and incentive programs designed to encourage clean air choices.
The District's jurisdiction encompasses all of seven counties - Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Napa, and portions of two others - southwestern Solano and southern Sonoma.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently recruiting for the position of Finance Manager in the Administrative Services Division. There is one (1) vacancy.
This position manages the staff and activities associated with the District’s financial, accounting, and budgeting programs. The position has District-wide responsibility for policy development and implementation of procedures related to the assigned programs. The incumbent is responsible for accomplishing section goals and objectives and for furthering District goals and objectives within general policy guidelines.
This position manages the District's $60 Million annual budget and oversees a staff of approximately 8 which includes accountants, analysts, and assistants. The Finance Manager position requires very strong accounting and strategic financial planning skills as well as a high proficiency with financial software systems such as JD Edwards, Dynamic GP (Great Plains), SAP, etc.
· Develops and implements goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the financial services programs.
· Manages, Directs, organizes, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; selects and trains staff.
· Consults with and advises District staff, senior management and other interested parties regarding accounting and financial procedures and legal requirements.
· Directs the preparation, maintenance, verification, and reconciliation of a wide variety of accounting reports.
· Develops, reviews, and recommends improved accounting methods and procedures.
· Directs and coordinates the preparation, publishing, and monitoring of the District’s annual budget; monitors and accounts for funding and revenue received by the District.
· Directs all internal and external audit activities; performs difficult and complex audits and associated policy and procedure development.
· Directs the maintenance of and maintains accurate records; prepares clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
· Analyzes financial issues, prepares and presents reports and recommendations regarding financial and policy issues to the Board and various committees and other groups.
· Coordinates and monitors grant/subvention applications and accompanying reports.
· Reviews and analyzes Federal and State policy and legislation to determine impacts on the District.
· Responds to requests for public information regarding the District’s financial status.
· Monitors contracts with other governmental agencies.
· Represents the District and assists the Director of Administrative Services as assigned.
Equivalent to graduation from a four (4) year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business or public administration, economics, or a closely related discipline and four (4) years of experience in accounting, budgeting, and auditing, preferably in a public agency, of which at least two (2) years were at a supervisory level.
Strong management experience, extensive experience with financial systems and a thorough understanding and knowledge of Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Rules of Procedure is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals must submit a completed official BAAQMD application, the answers to the supplemental questionnaire and a chronological resume to the District’s Human Resources Office at 939 Ellis Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94109 by June 7, 2013.
read more >