Redirecting to cart, please wait...
You have items(s) in your cart.
Sacramento City College
Sacramento City College
Accounting Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00313P
Salary: $41,823 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience.
Closing Date: 03/09/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/5706
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● The development and growth of a strong and diverse accounting program.
● Active involvement in program evaluation, student learning outcomes, and curriculum development.
● The utilization of current accounting/business/computer practice and new technologies.
● The establishment of job contacts, and assisting students in obtaining their employment goals.
Applicants applying for this position may also be interested in applying to the Accounting Assistant Professor position at Folsom Lake College, Posting #F00283P.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Accounting offered at the college including:
● Applied Accounting Practice
● Auditing and Governmental Auditing
● College Accounting (record keeping)
● Computerized Accounting (including QuickBooks)
● Cost Accounting
● Governmental Accounting
● Intermediate Accounting (two semesters)
● Introduction to Federal and State Income Taxation
● Introduction to Financial Accounting
● Introduction to Managerial Accounting
● Payroll Accounting
● Small Business Taxation
A typical semester will generally consist of four or five course assignments and three or four topics.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Accountancy or Business Administration with Accounting Concentration; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Business with Accounting Emphasis, Business Administration with Accounting Emphasis or Economics with Accounting Emphasis, AND have a master’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Business Education, Economics, Taxation, or Finance; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Business Administration with Accounting Concentration AND hold a valid CPA license; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Hold and maintain necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external agency (ies) accreditation (if applicable).
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Contact Person Human Resources
Ad Number 00002875
These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?