Redirecting to cart, please wait...
You have items(s) in your cart.
San Francisco Bay Area
Peter Mazonas CPA
Peter Macrae Mazonas, CPA, MBA
Interim CEO, COO / CFO
139 Valley Way, Larkspur, CA 94939
Direct: (415) 924-6269
Cell: (415) 279-7950
CEO, COO, CFO
· Strategic planning, business reengineering, startup implementation
· Large public and small private companies, / VC workouts
· Industry and financial services consulting
· Expert witness and C-level advisor in corporate governance, officer & director fiduciary duty, fraud, financial product design, forensic accounting and company valuation
· Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls implementation & remediation
2017-present NatEquity: Redesign of option shared home equity-type reverse mortgages similar to what I created in the 1990’s for Transamerica HomeFirst. Projected launch late 2019 pending removal of guarantees from popular but money-losing government reverse mortgages.
2010-2011: Co-author: Peer-reviewed, published paper on methodology for valuing longevity dependent assets under new GAAP & IFRS rules, first presented to the SEC in 2009 and referenced more than 50 times in professional journals.
2007-present Longevity Specialty Finance: Co-founder of company (LSF) which owns commercial rights to a peer-reviewed, proven and replicated longevity predictive model with numerous applications for the seniors market; shelved in 2010 due to recession’s effect on capital funding.
2006 Archimedes: Interim COO/CFO for Kaiser Permanente’s Archimedes, tasked with establishing Archimedes as an independent for-profit company. Archimedes is an evidence-based quantitative pharmaco/economic computer model providing predictive analysis for big pharma and national therapy advocacy associations.
2005-2006 McKesson: Director of Corporate Governance and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for fifth largest corporation in the U.S. ($209 billion). Program implemented, trained 300+ managers in SOX compliance and corporate governance.
2004-2005 Invitrogen: Co-managed first-year Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program for billion dollar biotech company with worldwide operations.
2003-2004 Published author: Wrote ‘Double Your Retirement Income – Three Strategies for Successful Retirement ‘, which has been translated into six languages.
2000-2006 Transamerica HomeFirst: As CEO and principle product designer of Transamerica HomeFirst, provided litigation support and defense testimony for Transamerica, Aegon and MetLife in eight depositions for six cases, the last of which was tried in San Francisco and decided in our favor, both at trial and appeal. Thus, the way was paved for the reintroduction of shared equity reverse mortgage products.
1989-2000 Transamerica HomeFirst: Co-founder, President, CEO and Board Member of pioneer and market-leading private jumbo reverse mortgage lender. Created the first patented lifetime reverse mortgage products; developed methods to securitize reverse mortgages as the first longevity valued asset class. Led marketing and channel development in HomeFirst’s operations as a California chartered bank. The 15,000 contract HomeFirst portfolio was sold to a Wall Street bank in 1999 for $3 billion, which securitized and sold contracts as NAIC 1, Moody’s Aaa-rated, SASCO-RM bonds.
1980-1989 Thomas Paine & Associates: Management consultant, specializing in outside-in bank holding company strategic planning, applied technology, process engineering and financial product design and deployment for Fortune 500 financial and energy companies. Early implementer of satellite imagery analysis for exploration. Our team reported to the company’s management committee and board of directors.
1972-1980 Bank of America: Creator and CEO of Executive Financial Counseling and later of the Private Banking Division. Personal client base included 10 Fortune 500 CEOs. Acted as chief marketing officer, recruiting 20 of the Fortune 100 top companies. Co-author of Cal CPA Society financial planner certification curriculum.
1968-1972 Price Waterhouse & Co.: Staff auditor and tax specialist. Developed automated financial planning software for individuals and corporations.
· University of Oregon, chemistry major
· San Francisco State University, BS political science, minor in chemistry
· San Francisco State University, MBA
Professional Affiliations and Standing Committees
· California CPA Society, active member since 1972 with over 2,400 hours of continuing education. License 17505
· Member, Forensic Expert Witness Association
· Member, life settlement regulator oversight and rules drafting committees for the Departments of Insurance in California and Oregon.
· October 2011; Geneva, Longevity Risk in Fair Valuing Level 3 Assets in Securitized Portfolios, Peter Macrae Mazonas, Patrick John Eric Stallard and Lynford Graham, published in the Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance – Issues and Practices 36 516-543 (October 2011) | doi: 10.1057 / gpp.2011.5.http://www.palgrave-journals.com/gpp/journal/v36/n4/full/gpp201125a.html
· Contributing author to Reverse Mortgages and Linked Securities: The Complete Guide to Risk, Pricing, and Regulation, (Wiley, 2010).
· Double Your Retirement Income, Three Strategies for a Successful Retirement, (Wiley, 2005).
Ad Number 00003250
These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?