Redirecting to cart, please wait...
You have items(s) in your cart.
Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you’re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com. To explore the heritage of Pacific Life and learn more about our history, visit www.pl150years.com.
Director Corporate Accounting Policy
Serve on the accounting policy team within Corporate Finance which is responsible for the research and implementation of accounting principles under GAAP, IFRS, Statutory and SEC standards for Pacific LifeCorp and subsidiaries with significant interaction with senior management, Division financial management and independent public accountants. The position requires a strong technical accounting background. The position will be responsible for project management with respect to the Company’s adoption of new accounting standards which will include (i) analyzing new accounting standards and the potential impacts to the Company, (ii) preparing roadmaps and overseeing the Company’s implementation progress, (iii) working closely with various division financial management, independent public accountants, and if applicable, consultants throughout the implementation process, (iv) preparing robust documentation to support the Company’s accounting policy positions, and (v) preparing and reviewing financial reporting impacts and disclosures from the adoption of the applicable new accounting standards.
* Monitor standard setting developments under GAAP, SAP, IFRS and SEC.
* Analyze impacts of new accounting standards to the Company.
* Prepare roadmaps and detailed tracking documentation with respect to the Company’s implementation progress of new accounting standards.
* Work closely with divisions, auditors and consultants involved in the implementation and related documentation of new accounting standards.
* Participate and assist in providing senior management with impact analysis of the new accounting principles and recommendations on strategies to optimize the impact to the company.
* Develop strong working relationships with finance professionals in each of the applicable Divisions.
* Give presentations to provide technical training to Corporate Finance and divisions on new accounting standards and various standard setting developments.
* Actively participate in ACLI accounting committee subgroups and prepare outlines/minutes as needed for relevant ACLI accounting committee calls, NAIC accounting related meetings and other appropriate committees.
Factors for Success:
* Minimum 10 years with progressive experience in technical accounting research and documentation.
* Strong working knowledge of life insurance and annuity products, financial instruments including investments and hedge accounting.
* Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SAP for life insurance and annuity products, financial instruments including investments and hedge accounting.
* Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
* Strong technical memo writing skills.
* Ability to deal effectively with individuals of all levels of the corporate structure.
* Ability to obtain support from various teams without direct authority.
* Demonstrated experience leading critical initiatives, including project development, identifying needed resources and key milestones, and effectively monitoring progress to conclusion
* Demonstrated ability to achieve results by working independently.
* CPA and Big4 experience required.#LI-JB1
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: * Competitive salary and bonus program * Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees * Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) * Generous vacation time and holiday pay * And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://pacificlife.contacthr.com/65207934.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Contact Person Jeanine Bashore
Ad Number 00003274
These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?