Redirecting to cart, please wait...
You have items(s) in your cart.
Santa Barbara City College
Please apply at http://apptrkr.com/1345443
Application Deadline: Completed online applications must be submitted by Monday, January 14, 2019 @ 11:59 PM PST.
As a public community college dedicated to the success of each student…
Santa Barbara City College provides students a diverse learning environment that inspires curiosity and discovery, promotes global responsibility, and fosters opportunity for all.
Essential Functions of Position:
Commencing Fall 2019, two full-time, tenure-track position will be available in the Department of Accounting Education. Responsibilities include preparing and teaching courses in designated academic areas which include Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Introduction to Accounting (Bookkeeping), Introduction to Taxation (Individuals, Payroll), Computerized Accounting Systems and Spreadsheets. Other responsibilities include participation in the governance of the college via committee assignments, maintenance of sufficient number of office hours to meet student needs, and full participation in departmental, division, and college responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic faculty member who is dedicated to student success and wishes to take an immediate role in shaping the future of the accounting program at the college.
If the title of your degree as stated on your transcripts does not exactly match one of the degree titles listed in the minimum qualifications, you must complete an equivalency statement and attach it in the “Equivalency field” under the documents needed to apply. Degree titles that are not an exact match will not be considered outside of the equivalency process.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications for the discipline as approved by the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges handbook.
1. Master’s in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
2. Bachelor’s in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND
3. Master’s in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, finance or the equivalent OR
4. Combination of education and other accomplishments that is equivalent to the above. (If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement that presents the basis for this claim and submit supporting evidence, e.g., transcripts, publications, and other work products.); OR
5. Possession of a lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential in Accounting.
A Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline.
• Competence in the use of technology i.e. computers, accounting applications, and electronic spreadsheets as instructional tools in Accounting.
• Recent teaching experience in Accounting (Introductory and/or Intermediate Accounting courses).
• Recent employment experience in Accounting in the areas of Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting.
• Interest in developing and teaching online classes.
• Current involvement with the business community; membership in professional organizations.
• Demonstrate experience with utilization of strategies, techniques and methods that enhance student learning and success.
Salary & Personnel Benefits:
The current salary schedule range for an entering tenure-track faculty member is $60,856 - $95,406 plus an earned doctoral bonus of $3,042.80. Depending on the entry step, the faculty member advances one-step each year and has the potential to reach the current maximum step of $121,454, depending on the educational level attained. Starting salary is commensurate with academic preparation and full-time related, paid experience. In addition to salary, each full-time employee participates in a "cafeteria style" health and welfare benefits program.
For all Full Time Faculty openings, deadlines, and link to the online application, please visit our website at: https://jobs.sbcc.edu
Santa Barbara City College,
721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394
(805) 965-0581Ext. 2258
Interviews by Invitation Only
SBCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Ad Number 00003345
These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?