Redirecting to cart, please wait...
You have items(s) in your cart.
Yuba Community College District
Accounting/Business Instructor - Full Time - Tenure Track (EXTENDED)
Location: Woodland Community College - Woodland, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The person selected will be expected to organize and teach classes in all areas of Accounting (including but not limited to: financial, managerial, income tax, computerized accounting, and payroll), as well as General Business courses. Evening, weekend, and off-campus instruction may be part of the contract. Possible assignments may include Distance Learning (interactive television and online).
Essential Duties Summary:
REQUIRED DUTIES: Demonstrated evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Business as governed by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Master’s in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration OR
• Bachelor’s in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with an accounting emphasis AND
• Master’s in business, business administration, business education, economics, taxation, or finance OR the equivalent
• Master’s in business, business management, business
administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or
business education OR
• Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR
• Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A Master’s in business and a bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license from California is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
EXPERIENCE : Preference may be given to applicants with experience in public or private accounting, who are CPAs, and who have clearly demonstrated the ability to teach accounting/business to community college students. A successful applicant must have a working knowledge of computer application software in accounting, word processing, database management, spreadsheets and operating systems,
Range/Step: Class 2, Step 1 to Class 6, Step 10
Salary Range: $54,403 - $81,643/YR.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $20,000 annually with a $310.50 monthly out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program.
Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 10 sick days and a 178 day contract.
INITIAL PLACEMENT WILL NOT BE HIGHER THAN CLASS 6, STEP 10, ACCORDING TO THE ACADEMIC HANDBOOK.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com and complete an academic application (please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application) The following documents are required: Resume, Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attached in a Word document), a Cover letter/letter of interest and 3 Letters of Recommendation.
For questions about Yuba Community College District’s application process, please contact Maribel Gaytan at (530) 741-6975.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or © portfolio. NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.
EQUIVALENCY: Applicants must meet YCCD minimum qualifications by the filing date or have been awarded equivalency by the District prior to the publication of the Recruitment Announcement.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is prohibited in the facilities and on the grounds of Yuba Community College District.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
INTERVIEW: A candidate selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba College at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
• This position is anticipated to be assigned to Woodland Community College of the Yuba Community College District but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975.
TIMELINE: Interviews are scheduled for February 2018. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed confirmation date is Feb/March 2018.
1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee’s recommendation for employment.
3. The District reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file, which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
Posting Number: AS252P
Open Date: 12/12/2018
Close Date: 1/31/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The closing date has been extended to Friday, Thursday, January 31, 2019. Please review the minimum qualifications for the Accounting/Business Instructor position before applying.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1370169
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
City Yuba City
Ad Number 00003397
These items will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?